Updated July 28, 2020
This policy explains the different types of Cookies Used on the Website and how You can control them.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Cookies Policy:
- You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Darrell Farrow.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- Website refers to Darrell Farrow, accessible from https://darrellfarrow.com
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile Device or any other Device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
What is a Cookie and What Do We Use?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on Your computer or mobile Device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize You and remember important information that will make Your use of a website more convenient (e.g. by remembering Your user preferences).
Cookies can be “Persistent”, or “Session”, or “Third-Party” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile Device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Third-Party Cookies, also known as ‘Tracking Cookies’ collect data based on Your online behaviour. Data is collected by Third Parties and used to help advertisers to display advertisements relevant to Your interests and behaviour.
We use Persistent, Session and Third-party Cookies for the purposes set out below:
These Session Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user Accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Notice Acceptance Cookies
These Persistent Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
Marketing Cookies (Targeting or Advertising)
Third-Party Marketing Cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. Opting out of third party targeting or advertising Cookies does not necessarily mean that You will not see Our advertising on third party websites, only that this advertising will not be targeted to You through the use of third-party Cookies.
Marketing Cookies on this Website may include:
Used for social media functionality to share and like content. Opt Out Information: https://www.facebook.com/help/211829542181913
Facebook (Custom Audiences)
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. Opt Out information: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 and http://youradchoices.com/
Used for marketing to serve ads to audiences based on interests and behaviour, as well as to audiences who have previously visited Our Website.
Social networking and marketing to allow sharing and potential advertising campaigns. Opt Out Information: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
Analytics and Performance Cookies
Performance Cookies, which are sometimes called analytics Cookies, collect information about Your use of this Website and enable Us to improve the way it works. They allow Our web and marketing team to create the best possible experience for Our Website’s users.
For example, performance Cookies show Us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Website, allow Us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Website, help Us record any difficulties You have with the Website and show Us whether Our advertising is effective or not.
Performance Cookies on this Website may include:
Google Analytics is Google’s tool that helps Us, as Website owners, to understand how Our visitors engage with Our properties. It may use a set of Cookies to collect information and report Website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google.
Information about opting out of Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics site.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in Your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
More Information about Cookies
To learn more about Cookies and how to manage them, visit internetcookies.org
© 2020 Darrell Farrow